Sunday, January 31, 2010

Foreign Nights & Bright Lights

I've never traveled outside of the states, yet this past month my dreams have taken me on two adventures to foreign lands. A few weeks back I recall floating down a river in Russia, fighting against the raging waters to little avail; and last night I dreamt that I was attending a funeral in Japan, except I did not recognize the man everyone was mourning over. The ceremony was packed full of people, some Japanese and others American - all of which paying regards to the family by offering white and pink flowers. The glass ceiling was so tall I could not fathom the height, but instead felt washed out by the overpowering amount of light that entered the room. Moments later, I bumped into someone I knew - our Student Engineer, who told me he just finished setting up for the video presentation. At that time, everything transformed to black except for a huge screen in front of me which played visuals that felt all too familiar. Even though I had never watched the show before, an awkward feeling of deja vu overcame my body, as if I knew what was going to happen next. These feelings faded as I became entranced by a spectacular display of vivid images - waterfalls, sunsets and peaceful scenes.

The order of elements in dreams may not always make sense, but I try to recall the aspects which stand out the most. Foreign, Funeral, Flowers and Bright Light are a few components which I feel could symbolize the surface of my subconscious.

FUNERAL: According to the Dream Mood dictionary, "To dream that you are at the funeral of an unknown person suggests that something in your life is supposed to put to rest or put aside so that you can make room for something new."


FLOWERS: "To see colorful flowers in your dream signifies kindness, compassion, gentleness, pleasure, beauty, and gain. It is also symbolic of perfection and spirituality. Your dream may be an expression of love, joy and happiness. Alternatively, flowers may denote a particular time or season. If the flowers are white, then it symbolizes sadness. Consider the color of the flower and the type of flower for additional analysis."

FOREIGNER: To see a foreigner in your dream, represents an aspect of yourself that is unfamiliar or strange to you. You may be neglecting or ignoring some important feelings or talents.

BRIGHT LIGHT:
"To see light in your dream represents illumination, clear mind, guidance, plain understanding,and insight. Light is being shed on a once cloudy situation or problem. You have found the truth to a situation or an answer to a problem. Also consider the color of the light for additional significance.

To see a bright light in your dream, indicates that you need to move toward a higher level of awareness and feeling. Bright light dreams are sometimes common for those who are near death."

While none of these may be perfectly accurate, they provide insight into an otherwise confusing and complex arena hidden within.

No comments:

Post a Comment