Editing and mixing video has led me to experience some rather unique dreams - one of my favs involved speeding up and slowing down time...but none as oddly intriguing as reverse motion.
Last nights dream wasn't lucid...in fact it felt quite real...real enough to fool me to believe that time was running backward. Why in the world would I believe such a thing? Let me share just one experience from my dream:
I'm racing down a very tall hill...and the further I go, the faster I fly - when suddenly, I look to the sky and see the milky way spinning in reverse. It gave me a really weird sensation, like I broke the barrier of time. At that moment, I came to a complete halt and just watched the stars spin in reverse. I really don't know how long this lasted, but it felt like forever.
I'm not sure this dream meant anything, really. I mean, I'm basically thinking about video effects and motion 24/7 because theres unlimited possibility when it comes to mixing visual elements. Either way - it's worth checking into. "Reverse Motion in Dreams"
^^I came across this interesting passage in The Brothers Karamazov but otherwise nothing is written on reverse motion in dreams that I could find. I searched Dream dictionaries with "Milky Way spinning backward" & "Reverse motion" and "Reverse motion Milky way." This came up for spinning:
"A process, activity, or project where something is being created—such as a relationship, a foundation or beginning, art, or anything that can be created"
No comments:
Post a Comment